Which one among the following features of the Constitution of India is indicative of the fact that real executive power is vested in the Council of Ministers headed by the Prime Minister ?
(B) Representative legislature
(C) Universal adult franchise
(D) Parliamentary democracy
Which of the following statements is/are not correct?
1. The Constituent Assembly was directly elected by the people of India.
2. The Muslim League boycotted the first meeting of the Constituent Assembly which was held on 9th Dec, 19
3. BN Rau was appointed as the constitutional advisor to the Assembly.
4. On December 1 3, 1 9 Pandit Nehru moved the historic ‘Objectives Resolution’.
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 3 and 4
(C) 2, 3 and 4
(D) Only 1
Although Union List, State List and Concurrent List cover the entire legislative business, yet there may be an item not mentioned anywhere. Who will legislate on that item?
(A) Parliament only
(B) State Legislature only
(C) Both ‘a’ and ‘b’
(D) Neither ‘a’ nor ‘b’
Through which one of the following were commercial activities of the East India Company finally put to an end?
(A) The Charter Act of 1793
(B) The Charter Act of 1813
(C) The Charter Act of 1833
(D) The Charter Act of 1853
A. Chairman of the Drafting Committee
B. First Prime Minister of India
C. Member of the Constituent Assembly
D. Last British Governor-General
E. President of the Constituent Assembly
F. Legal Advisor of the Constituent Assembly
2 . Dr Rajendra Prasad
3 . Dr BR Ambedkar
4 . Pandit JL Nehru
5 . Dr KM Munshi
(A) 1-D, 2-A, 3-E, 4-B, 5-F
(B) 1-D, 2-E, 3-F, 4-B, 5-A
(C) 1-D, 2-E, 3-A, 4-B, 5-C
(D) 1-D, 2-C, 3-F, 4-B,5-A
Which of the following exercised the most profound influence in framing the Indian Constitution?
(A) British Constitution
(B) US Constitution
(C) Irish Constitution
(D) The Government of India Act, 1935
The declaration that Democracy is a Government ‘of the people, by the people, for the people’ was made by
(A) Abraham Lincoln
(B) George Washington
(C) Theodore Roosevelt
(D) Winston Churchill
The Constitution of India is republican because it?
(A) provides for an elected Parliament
(B) provides for adult franchise
(C) contains a bill of rights
(D) has no hereditary elements
Who among the following was not a member of the Drafting Committee?
1. KM Munshi
2.Dr Rajendra Prasad
3. N Gopalaswamy Ayyangar
4. Sardal Patel
(A) 1 and 3
(B) 2 and 4
(C) 12 and 3
(D) 3 and 4
Which part of the Indian Constitution deals with Fundamental Rights?
(A) Part I
(B) Part II
(C) Part I II
(D) Part IV
Which of the following vested the Secretary of State for India with supreme control over the Government of India?
(A) Pitt’s India Act, 1784
(B) Government of India Act, 1858
(C) Indian Council Act, 1861
(D) Morley-Minto Reforms, 1909
The nationalist demand for a Constituent Assembly was for the first time conceded by the British Government, though indirectly and with reservations in the
(A) Cripps Proposals
(B) August Offer
(C) Cabinet Mission Plan
(D) Act of 1935
Which of the following statements regarding the Constituent Assembly are true?
1. It was not based on adult franchise.
2. It resulted from direct elections.
3. It was a multi-member body.
4. It worked through several committees.
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 1, 3 and 4
(C) 2 and 3
(D) All of these
What is Gandhi’s definition of ‘Ram Raj1?
(A) Sovereignty of the people based on pure moral authority
(B) The rule as it was during the time of Rama
(C) The greatest good of all
(D) The absolute power concentrated in ‘ the hands of a king
Which of the following statements about democracy are correct?
1. Democracy is a government of the people, for the people and by the people.
2. Democracy is a rule of majority.
3. Democracy provides an opportunity to the people to voice their grievances in a peaceful manner.
4. Democracy always leads to disintegration of the society.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
(A) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(B) 2, 3 and 4
(C) 1 and 4
(D) 1, 2 and 3
What is/are the major difference/ differences between a written and an unwritten Constitution?
1. A written Constitution is the formal source of all Constitutional laws in the country and the unwritten Constitution is not the formal source.
2. A written Constitution is entirely codified whereas an unwritten Constitution is not.
Select the correct answer using the code given below
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
Under which one of the following Articles of the Constitution of India, is the ‘Annual Financial Statement’ of the economy to be laid by the Government, on the table of the Parliament before 31st March, every year?
(A) Article 16
(B) Article 31
(C) Article 112
(D) Article 124