The Constitutional States has been given to Panchayats under Article—
Under which Article of the Constitution of India can the Indian Parliament make laws under the Residuary powers ?
A. Article 248
B. Article 249
C. Article 250
D. Article 251
The executive power of the State are vested in the Governor under Article …… of the Constitution.
The Finance Commission is constituted under Article ……… of tlhe Constitution of India ?
D. None of these
Which Article of the Constitution provides that it shall be the en deavour of every State to provide adequate facility for instruction in the mother tongue at the primary stage of education ?
A. Article 349
B. Article 350
C. Article 350A
D. Article 351
Which one of the f olio wing statements correctly describes the Fourth Schedule of the Constitution of India ?
A. It lists the distribution of powers between the Union and the States
B. It contains the languages listed in the Constitution
C. It contains the provisions regarding administration of Tribal areas
D. It allocates seats in the Council of States
Match List-I (Articles of the Constitution) with List-II (Provisions) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists.
A. Article 54 1. Election of the President of India
B. Article 75 2. Appointment of the Prime Minister
C. Article 155 3. Appointment of the Governor of a State
D. Article 164 4. Appointment of the Chief Minister and Council of Ministers of a state
composition of Legislative Assembly
Match List-I (Articles of Indian Constitution) with List-II (Provisions) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists.
A. Article 16(2)
(b) Article 29(2)
(c) Artic e 30(1)
(d) Article 31(1)
1. No person can be discriminated against in the matter of public appointment on the ground of race, religions or caste.
2. No citizen shall be denied admission into any educational institution maintained by the State, or receiving State aid, on grounds of religion, race, caste, language or any of them.
3. All minorities whether based on religion or language shall have to establish and administer educational institution of their choice.
4. No person shall be deprived of his property save by authority of law.
56 The Ninth Schedule to the Indian Constitution was added ‘ by-
A. First Amendment
B. Eighth Amendment
C. Ninth Amendment
D. Forty Second Amendment
Which one of the following Articles of the Indian Constitution provides that “It shall be the duty of the Union to protect every State against external aggression and internal disturbance” ?
A. Article 215
B. Article 275
C. Article 325
D. Article 355
Which one of the following schedules of the Indian Constitution lists the names of States and specifies their territories ?
Which one of the following Articles of the Constitution of India says that the executive power of every State shall be so exercise as not to impede or prejudice the exercise of the executive power of the Union ?
A. Article 215
B. Article 258
C. Article 355
D. Article 358
Match List-I (Articles of the Constitution of India) with List-II (Provisions) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists :
(a) Article 14
(b) Article 15
(c) Article 16
(d) Article 17
1. The State shall not deny to any person equality before the law or the equal protection of laws within the territory of India.
2. The State shall not discriminate against any citizen on grounds only of religion, race, caste, sex( place of birth or any of them.
3. There shall be equality of opportunity for all citizens in matters relating to employment or appointment to any office under the State.
4. Untouchability is abolished and its practice in any form is forbidden.
Which Article of the Constitution of India says, “No child below the age of 14 years shall be employed to work in any factory or mines or engaged in any other hazardous employment” ?
A. Article 24
B. Article 45
C. Article 330
D. Article 368
Consider the following statements :
1. The Constitution of India has 22 parts.
2. There are 395 Articles in the Constitution of India.
3. Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth schedules were added to the constitution of India by the Constitution (Amendment) Acts.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. 1 and 2 only
D. 1, 2 and 3
Under which one of the following Constitution Amendment Acts, four languages under the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India, there by raising their number to 22 ?
A. Constitution (Ninetieth Amendment) Act
B. Constitution (Ninety-first Amendment) Act
C. Constitution (Ninety-second Amendment) Act
D. Constitution (Ninety-third Amendment) Act
The schedule of Constitution of India contains special provisions for the administration and control of Scheduled Areas in several States ?
How does the Constitution of India describe India as ?
A. A federation of States and Union Territories
B. A Union of States
D. A federated nation
Which Commission made the recommendations which formed the basis for the Punjab Reorganisation Act which created the states Punjab and Haryana ?
A. Dhar Commission
B. Dass Commission
C. Shah Commission
D. Mahajan Commission
Article 1 of the Constitution of India declares India as—
A. Federal State
B. Quasi-Federal State
C. Unitary State
D. Union of States