The mobile court in India is the brain-child of :
A. Justice Bhagwati
B. Mr. Rajeev Gandhi
C. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
D. Mrs. Pratibha Patil
A High Court Judge addresses his letter of resignation to :
A. The President
B. The Chief Justice of India
C. The Chief Justice of his High Court
D. The Governor of the State
Which one of the following Indian States does not keep its own High Court ?
C. Himachal Pradesh
Which of the following High Courts has the largest number of Benches ?
A. Kolkata High Court
B. Madhya Pradesh High Court
C. Bombay High Court
D. Guwahati High Court
Which one of the following is NOT the main jurisdiction of the High Court of a State
A. Advisory Jurisdiction
B. Original Jurisdiction
C. Supervisory Jurisdiction
D. Appellate Jurisdiction
The first High/Supreme Court Judge, who voluntarily made public his assets, is—
A. Justice D.V. Shyalendra Kumar
B. Justice K. Chandra
C. Justice K. Kannan
D. Justice V.C. Srivastava
Consider the following statements regarding the High Courts in India :
1. There are 18 High Courts in the country.
2. Three of them have jurisdiction over more than one State.
3. No Union Territory has High Court of its own.
4. Judges of the High Court hold office till the age of 62
Which of these statements is/are correct ?
A. 1,2 and 4
B. 2 and 3
C. 1 and 4
D. 4 only
To which one of the following funds are salary and allowances of the Judges of High Court of a State charged ?
A. Consolidated Fund of India
B. Consolidated Fund of the State
C. Contingency Fund of India
D. Contingency Fund of the State
Which one of the following High Courts has the Territorial Jurisdiction over Andman and Nicobar Islands ?
A. Andhra Pradesh
Consider the following statements :
1. The highest criminal court of the district is the Court of District and Session Judge.
2. The District Judge are appointed by the Governor in consultation with the High Court.
3. A person to be eligible for appointment as a District Judge should be an advocates or a pleader of seven years’ standing or more, or an officer in judicial service of the Union or the State.
4. When the Session Judge awards death sentence, it must be confirmed by the High Court before it is carried out.
Which of the statements given above are correct ?
A. 1 and 2
B. 2, 3 and 4
C. 3 and 4
D. 1, 2, 3 and 4
Consider the following statements:
1. There are 21 High Courts in India.
2. Punjab, Haryana and the Union Territory of Chandigarh have a common High Court.
3. National Capital Territory of Delhi has a High Court of its own.
Which of the statements given above is / are correct ?
A. 1 and 2
B. 1 and 3
C. 2 and 3
D. 1, 2 and 3
Assertion (A) : In India, every State has a High Court in its territory.
Reason (R): The Constitution of India provides a High Court in each State.
A. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
B. Both A and R are true but R is not a correct explanation of A
C. A is true but R is false
D. A is false but R is true
Consider the following statements :
1. The mode of removal of a Judge of a High Court in India is same as that of removal of a Judge of the Supreme Court.
2. After retirement from the office, a permanent Judge of a High Court can not plead or act in any court or before any authority in India.
Which of the statement given above is/are correct ?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
How many High Courts in India have jurisdiction over more than one state (Union Territories not included) ?
With reference to Lok Adalats, which of the following statements is correct ?
A. Lok Adalats have the jurisdiction to settle the matters at pre-litigative stage and not those matters pending before any court
B. Lok Adalats can deal with matters which are civil not criminal in nature
C. Every Lok Adalats consists of either serving or retired judicial officers only and not any other person
D. None of the statements given above is correct
Two which of the following States the Special Marriage Act, 1954 does not apply ?
D. Jammu and Kashmir
Which Article of the Constitution of India accords special status to the state of Jammu and Kashmir ?
Which one of the following States has a separate constitution ?
A. Arunachal Pradesh
C. Jammu and Kashmir
In Indian Constitution, Article 370 is related with which?
A. Jammu and Kashmir State
B. Reservation of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
C. Punjab and Haryana States
D. Karnataka and Tamil Nadu States
Who appoints the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir?
A. The Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir
B. The Chief Justice of High Court of Jammu and Kashmir
C. The Prime Minister of India
D. The President of India